CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
· No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
· More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
· Security+ focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
· The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
There are no pre-requisites for Security+.
CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus.
• CompTIA® materials
• Practice exams
• Exam voucher
• One-year eligibility to audit a previously completed course as a refresher
• Access to other topical classes held at Traversed to earn continuing education credits
• 10% discount
• Second exam voucher, if needed